5 Ways to Select the Best Residential Landscaping Company
If you are looking for the best residential landscaping company in Northern Virginia, Maryland and D.C. for your yard, it may be hard to sort through all of the options available. How can you tell which landscaping contractor will do the best job on your landscaping project? How do you tell if they’re qualified? During the selection process, ask the following questions and you’ll get the best residential landscaping contractor for your needs. If you need to know more, contact AllGreen Landscape Company at (703) 992-8787 to ask any questions.
1. Ask for a list of their services
Actually, before you ask this, it’s a good idea to have a clear idea of what services you want for your yard in the first place. That way, when you investigate different landscaping contractors, you’ll know if your needs are on their list. The best residential landscaping company for you will be proficient in the services you need. Here’s a list of services you might be looking for:
- Mowing and edging
- Seasonal maintenance
- Landscape enhancement (adding planters, displays, extra seasonal color plants or other focal points to an existing landscape)
- Landscape design construction (installing turf, plants, walkways, hardscape, retaining walls, erosion control, drainage, etc.)
- Adding Outdoor Amenities (Fire pits, outdoor kitchens, outdoor living rooms, water features etc.)
- Irrigation systems installation, maintenance and repair
- Outdoor lighting installation, maintenance and repair
- Winter landscape management (ice melt, snow removal)
You may need a combination of services listed here, so be sure to ask what is and isn’t included in the company’s services list as you’re shopping different landscape design companies.
2. How environmentally-friendly are their landscaping designs?
This question becomes more essential every day. Not only will you want to know how sustainable their practices are for the earth, but for your own budget and safety as well. The following questions can help you get started investigating this topic so you can find the best residential landscaping company for your home:
- What type of plants do they landscape with?
- Are they hardy, drought-resistant and native species to our area?
- How and where do they source their landscaping materials and plants?
- What kind of irrigation systems do they use, and how water efficient are they?
- Do they recycle yard waste, and if so, how?
- Do they use organic materials?
- Can they suggest changes to your current landscaping that are more environmentally-sustainable?
- Do they use environmentally-friendly, energy efficient outdoor lighting?
Sustainable, environmentally-friendly landscaping practices will be at the heart of the best residential landscaping contractors in Northern Virginia. They’ll help you create a landscape that goes easy on the environment and your wallet.
3. What are their landscaping qualifications?
After asking friends and family for landscape company suggestions, investigating websites, checking referrals and the review websites, call and ask the ones you think might be the best residential landscaping companies and ask them the following questions. This will help you to know if they are truly qualified and ready to do a great job on your yard. Note: always ask to see documentation on the following points:
- Are they licensed for residential landscaping work?
- What industry certifications have they earned?
- Are they insured? For how much?
- What are their industry affiliations?
- Does the company own its own equipment and have enough staff to handle your project?
- Does the company subcontract some aspects of its work, or do they do it all themselves?
It’s important to get answer to these questions because it will tell you how well qualified the company is to work on your yard project, and if they’ve put in the time and effort to become proficient in the art of residential landscaping.
4. Who’s your account manager?
You should be given a point of contact at the company who will always provide you the answers and service you need, when you need it. This shows a level of attention to detail and customer service that goes beyond average.
5. Ask for and investigate references
Checking out the actual work of and talking with the actual clients of your potential Northern Virginia landscaping company is one of the best ways to find out if you’re hiring the best residential landscaping company for your needs. The best ones are happy to provide references and show off their work for other clients.
Following these tips should help you find the best residential landscaping contractor in D.C., Northern Virginia or Maryland. To find out more or request a consultation, please contact AllGreen Landscape Co. at (703) 992-8787.
We do not consider a job complete until you are completely satisfied.