How To Choose The Best Commercial Landscaping Company
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Commercial Landscaping Company
Although there are plenty of D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia commercial landscaping companies to choose from, how do you choose the best commercial landscaping contractor for your needs? Ask the following questions as you go through the bidding process and this should help you find the right one for your needs. And if you have any questions, just contact AllGreen Landscape Company at (703) 992-8787 for a consultation.
1. What services do you need, and what services does the company provide?
This is a double-edged question. You have to know what landscaping services your business needs so that you’ll be able to compare the services offered by different contractors. Not all companies offer all of the same services, but obviously the best commercial landscaping company for you will offer all of the services you require. The following list includes some of the services you might need for your location:
Landscape design and construction (installation of plants, turf, water features, walkways, hardscapes, retaining walls, drainage, erosion control and outdoor amenities)
Irrigation (installation, repair and maintenance of sprinkler systems)
- Landscape design and construction (installation of plants, turf, water features, walkways, hardscapes, retaining walls, drainage, erosion control and outdoor amenities)
- Irrigation (installation, repair and maintenance of sprinkler systems)
- Landscape enhancement (adding seasonal color, focal points, planters, displays, etc. to existing landscape)
- Mowing, Weeding, Edging, Pruning, Trimming
- Seasonal upkeep
- Outdoor lighting installation, repair and maintenance
- Winter management (snow removal and ice melt)
Make sure to ask the commercial landscaping contractors about each of the services you need and what is, or isn’t included in their contracts.
2. How environmentally sustainable are their practices?
This may not seem like an obvious question initially, but it’s an important one. Here are some questions to help you drill deeper and find out how sustainable their landscaping practices are:
- Do they encourage planting of native, hardy and drought-resistant species?
- Where do they source their plants and landscaping materials?
- Can they change your current landscaping system into one that is more sustainable and organic?
- How do they recycle landscaping waste?
- Do they use water-conserving irrigation systems? If so, what kind?
- What type of lighting do they install, and is it energy efficient?
The best commercial landscaping company will make using sustainable practices a major part of its planning. Not only do these more environmentally-friendly companies design landscapes that you can feel good about for the community and the planet, they will also save you money and require less maintenance over time. AllGreen Landscape Company makes a special point of environmental sourcing, planting native trees and using advanced water-saving irrigation systems for all of its commercial landscaping projects.
Some of our commercial landscaping work...
3. How qualified are they to handle your needs?
Before you even call anyone, make sure to get references from people, check the company and review websites and ask friends and colleagues. When you narrow it down to a few that look like one of them might be the best commercial landscaping contractor for your needs, you can ask them these questions too:
- Are they licensed to do commercial landscaping work, and what certifications or industry qualifications have they earned? Ask to see documentation.
- Are they insured? Ask to see documentation and find out how much they’re insured for.
- What industry affiliations do they have?
- Does the company own the equipment and have the necessary employees to work your landscape?
- Does the landscaping company do all its own work, or do they subcontract for some aspects?
A company that has done the work to obtain all of these certifications, licenses, insurance and affiliations is far better qualified for your job than any contractor who does not.
4. Who is Your Account Manager?
Having an account manager, one person whom you can contact at the company anytime you have questions or concerns, is very important. This person should be your primary contact and they should be very responsive to all of your needs, whenever you have questions.
5. Are they willing to share references?
The best commercial landscaping companies in Northern Virginia will be happy to provide references, photos and examples of their work with other companies. In fact, it’s a good idea to drive by some of the reference sites to get a visual inspection of what sort of work the contractor does and how well it’s going.
Asking these questions and following these tips should lead you to the best commercial landscaping company in Northern Virginia, Maryland and D.C. for your needs. To learn more or to request a bid, contact AllGreen Landscape Co. at (703) 992-8787 today.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
We do not consider a job complete until you are completely satisfied.